Nvidia Control Panel is a software made by Nvidia to control graphics and video settings. This software only supports Nvidia hardware attached on Windows OS. While the drivers are in the machine layers and not exposed in the interface layer. In contrast, this software is exposed in the interface layer. So windows user can access the software to change the settings of Graphics card. These settings include basic and expert. So if you are a game enthusiast you must know this software.
Usually, gamers who have Nvidia graphics cards adjust their settings to get the best experience. Especially in 3D settings. Because most of the latest game uses 3D settings for their display. This requires more custom as gamers want. Each gamer has their own settings, so this software is needed.
Nvidia Control Panel Download
This software is a freeware app. If you buy Nvidia Graphic Cards or buy PC / Laptop with Nvidia inside, the software is bundled on the CD/DVD Drivers. But if you lost the CD, you can download it from the official Microsoft Store site by following this download link. This software is only available for Windows-based device, both 32 and 64-bit version.
Best Settings for Beginners
Many gamers are not satisfied with the default settings of the software. They tweak the functionality of the graphics cards with their own settings. So they get the best experience in the game display. If you are a beginner and want to change the default settings, here are some recommendations for you:
- Open the Control Panel Software
- On the left menu, click manage 3D settings.
- On the Global Settings tab, search for Antialiasing -Mode settings.
- Press the drop-down menu and choose off.
- Then down to the CUDA-GPUs Menu.
- Press the drop-down menu, make sure your graphics card is shown.
- Then go down to OpenGL rendering GPU. The default value is auto-select.
- We recommended you to choose your NVidia Graphics card version.
- Then go to Power Management Mode. The default value is Optimal Power
- The best settings for power is to Prefer Maximum performance.
- Then go down to Texture filtering – Quality Setting. The default value is Quality.
- Change to Performance.
- Go down to Texture Filtering – Trilinear Optimisation.
- We recommended to turn it off.
That’s all the best settings for a beginner. If you feel uncomfortable with these settings you can simply restore it to the default settings. Just press the Restore button on the bottom right side.
Nvidia Control Panel Features
Key GPU Features
- Simple steps with interactive pictures and descriptions guide you through the set-up
- Advanced or beginner views for easy customization
- Optimal game quality with a real-time 3D quality preview
- HDTV quality settings allow you to take advantage of the latest widescreen panels
- Patented NVIDIA Unified Driver Architecture (UDA) supports all of your NVIDIA products
Key MCP features
- Adjust motherboard settings: Change system clocks, system voltages, system fans, and memory timings
- Dynamic BIOS access: Change system BIOS settings without entering the BIOS
- Dynamically adjustable memory timings: Change critical memory timings without rebooting and without entering the BIOS
Key Performance Features
- New and improved task-driven user interface.
- Custom Profiles/Rules. This feature provides the ability to create or choose preconfigured profiles and rules. This is to customize the circumstances under which different system settings get applied to maximize system stability and performance.
- Event logging. This feature allows the tracking of bus speeds, temperatures, voltages, and profile changes in a log file. Furthermore, the log file is very useful for an in-depth analysis. Simply export the log file to a spreadsheet application.
- Fall-back control. You will be able to identify the precise profile/rule associated with a crash. Because after a crash the profile/rule will be disabled.
- System troubleshooting. An automated reporting tool. This feature captures all the needed information. This is to help you determine when problems may be happening to the system. Certainly, helps you to troubleshoot the problems.
- Improved system monitoring. This feature can monitor the temperatures, voltages, and bus speeds. This feature is now available as an “always-on-top” window. Come with a transparency option so that it is visible at all times.
- Dynamically adjustable voltages and fan speeds: Adjust motherboard voltage levels without a reboot. This is as well as dynamically control fan speeds.
Many NVidia users have the same problems on using this software. The most problem reported is, the control panel is missing from the desktop/tray icon on Windows. To solve this problem, you can simply read this article on how to fix the Nvidia Control Panel is missing.